UIDAI provides a toll-free number on its website using which you can solve any query regarding Aadhaar. This toll-free number is fruitful for the individuals in many contexts including filing Aadhaar-related grievance, getting Aadhaar card status or advising for improvements and so on.
Toll-Free Number to Check Aadhaar Status
Toll-free numbers are operated with the objective of maintaining or establishing proper and convenient communication with the users. This toll-free number operates with an uninterrupted function indicating 24×7 working all the 365 days of a year. It means that you can avail of this facility at any time from anywhere.
Follow this simple procedure and get your purpose of Aadhaar card status fulfilled.
- Step 1: Dial UIDAI toll-free number 1947 or 18003001947 from your mobile number registered in Aadhaar.
- Step 2: The operator will make you aware of the Aadhaar card status. You will get either of the information:
Your Aadhaar number, if it gets generated.
Current status of Aadhaar generation, if not yet generated.
Know Your Status Through Text Message
Texting is also a simple procedure that can help you solve the purpose. UIDAI has always undertaken efforts to make it easier for individuals to avail of Aadhaar-related services. This option is the same as the call option but the only difference lies in the primary step. Mentioned in the process to be followed to utilize text option:
- Step 1: Open the message box in the registered mobile number and type an SMS providing your enrolment number in the below-mentioned format. “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>”
- Step 2: Send this SMS to 51969, UIDAI’s number provided for users.
- Step 3: You will receive an SMS from the same number in return mentioning either of the following:
Aadhaar number, in case of completion of Aadhaar generation process
Current status, if it takes more time to generate Aadhaar number