Since the introduction, Aadhaar is creating a rage across the entire country India. Aadhaar is a government program including a 12-digit number issuance to all the passport holders or residents of India. Aadhaar card is generated based on certain personal information such as demographic details and biometrics. As per the reports, Aadhaar has become the most substantial biometric ID system in the world. For a registered Indian, Aadhaar is a general identification card but it has now transformed into a universal identity card all over India. It works beyond just an identity card and uses as residential proof as well. Owning Aadhaar has become a simple and less time-consuming process due to technological transmission by the Government of India for the ease and comfort of the people.
Aadhar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth (DOB)
The Government of India always works in search of techniques that can make government initiatives success by linking the initiative requirements with convenience. It means that the government has transformed the manual Aadhaar application and other services into the technological forum. After getting into the trap of technology, you are not required now to rely on long queues at the centers and trapping into the government drags. These hassles can eliminate by using an online platform for seamless and trouble-free access to Aadhaar. Using the name and birth date for downloading Aadhaar online is a comparatively lengthier process than other methods but also simple. If you have forgotten or lost your Aadhaar number, you can simply follow the mentioned steps in the given sequence for downloading e-Aadhaar using your name registered in the Aadhaar.
- Step 1: Go to the website of UIDAI using https://uidai.gov.in/, which is the official portal of Aadhaar. This website is the treasure of everything you want to know about Aadhaar or related services.
- Step 2: Take the cursor on the option “My Aadhaar” after which a dropbox will open. It mentions different fields related to Aadhaar such as Get Aadhaar, Aadhaar Services, About Your Aadhaar, Update your Aadhaar, Aadhaar on your mobile and Downloads.
- Step 3: Select “Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID” from the head “My Aadhaar”. This will drive you to a new page wherein you are required to enter your personal details and selecting an option for Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrolment ID (EID).
- Step 4: On the new page, first select the option I want to retrieve my lost or forgotten Aadhaar Number or Enrolment ID. Input other details correctly such as full name and Mobile number or Email Address in the designated fields. However, ensure that you input all the details the same as registered in the Aadhaar.
- Step 5: Fill the field of Captcha Verification for proceeding further in downloading the Aadhaar. If you have a TOTP, click the “Enter TOTP” option or otherwise select “Send OTP”. Requesting for OTP will deliver a message to the registered mobile number.
- Step 6: This message will provide you the OTP which you need to input in the designated field. After this, click on the option given as “Verify OTP”. It will deliver a message to the registered mobile number stating your Aadhaar number.
- Step 7: Using Aadhaar Registration number, visit the website of UIDAI (www.uidai.gov.in ) and select “Download Aadhaar” lies under the head “My Aadhaar”. Taking you to the new page, you need to select I have “Aadhaar Number” and fill the required detail.
- Step 8: This page will also demand Captcha Verification and after correct input of given captcha, either select “Enter a TOTP” (in case you have) or request for an OTP.
- Step 9: Selecting “Send OTP” will deliver an OTP to your registered mobile number. Fill the correct OTP in the designated section and in case of timeout, click “Resend OTP” and you will get another OTP.
- Step 10: Inputting of OTP will require you to complete a given short survey on the same page. After survey completion, you will get two options “Verify and Download” and “Cancel”, click on the first option that can verify the provided OTP and start downloading the Aadhaar.
This will initiate the process of online Aadhaar downloading and you will receive a pdf file. As you have seen that downloading Aadhaar online using name is a long process but involves simple steps that consume less amount of time.
Download Masked Aadhaar Card by Name and Date of Birth
Masked Aadhaar’s feature had been introduced by UIDAI for the purpose of enhancing the safety of Aadhaar Card. In this feature, as the name implies, some of the initial digits out of 12 digits of Aadhaar number remains unrevealed. It is as simple to download masked Aadhaar as e-Aadhaar. So the process of downloading masked Aadhaar is as follows:
- Go to the official website of Aadhaar named UIDAI using the link: www.uidai.gov.in and click on “Download Aadhaar” under the head “My Aadhaar”.
- Enter the Aadhaar number on the new page opened along with captcha and select the option “I want a Masked Aadhaar?”
- Select Enter a TOTP or Send OTP as per your convenience and availability. Enter a TOTP option if you have TOTP otherwise click on Send OTP
- Enter the correct OTP sent on the registered mobile number and click on “Verify and Download” after completing the survey. This will initiate the masked Aadhaar downloading.
Password to Open Aadhaar Card PDF After Download
When you download Aadhaar Card online using any method, you receive a password-protected pdf file. It simply indicates that you need to input a password to access the downloaded Aadhaar. A straightforward rationale behind the password-protection of downloaded Aadhaar card in the PDF form is that the Government not only ensures to make this process convenient but also protected. With password protection, your online downloaded Aadhaar gets safeguard from identity theft and unauthorized access. The password is 8-characters in length that uses your name and year of birth mentioned in the Aadhaar registration. Coupling of the first four letters of your name with the birth year will constitute the password for your Aadhaar PDF.
For understanding, let us consider an example wherein the person name is GOPAL KRISHNA and the birth year is 1990. Then the password will be GOPA1990 and ensure that use letters in CAPITAL form and birth date in YYYY.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is true that great words come from great mouths. In the context of Aadhaar, which you can download aadhar card by name and date of birth. The applicability of this phrase is evident from the fact that this is the world’s largest ID system. It is based on biometrics and with this; it offers a wide number of benefits and perks to the holders. Due to its perks and benefits, it has become the most significant document for an Indian. Hence, rather than wasting your time in thinking of getting Aadhaar, adopt online (UIDAI website) or offline (Aadhaar centers, Banks or Post Offices) platforms and apply for Aadhaar.